Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It starts...

Ladies and Gentlemen, the new semester has begun and thus my thesis project. "Pieces" (working title) will soon be in full swing and I will post updates here as they are made.

For those of you who don't know, this is a very personal project for me. In a way, I am Raleigh. I wrote this story as a result of my own loss in hopes of bringing comfort to myself and others who have experienced similar pain. I want others to know that it is possible to pick up the broken pieces and let go, while I prove it to myself. The purpose of making Raleigh male and well, not human, is so I can maintain an emotional detachment from him. This way I can show my emotions through him without feeling as though I'm dissecting my own soul. It took me a long time to come to grips with my loss and it never really goes away, but I have found some solace and I hope that this short film will help me to carry on.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment